Cedar County Library
Glenda Tate, Director
Monday-Friday: 9:30am to 5:30pm Saturday: 9:00am to 1:00pm
El Dorado Springs: John D. Smith Library 808 S Main 417-876-4827
Stockton: Geneva Sharp Library 717 East St. 417-276-3413
The Cedar County library has two branches: The Geneva Sharp Library/Stockton Branch and the John D. Smith Library/El Dorado Springs Branch.
Employees: There are two full-time and five part-time employees who keep each branch open 44 hours a week.
Tax Rate: The library has the next to lowest tax rate in Cedar County at $0.08 per $100 valuation.
Board: The library board is comprised of five volunteers who are appointed to a staggered four-year term by the county commission.
Friends: Each branch has a Friends of the Library organization that buys all the magazines and other requested library materials, the Springfield News-Leader, and who sponsors the Summer Reading Program for the children.
* Materials in all media formats. Also in cooperation with the Missouri Conservation Department, fishing poles and tackle boxes are available for checkout at the Stockton branch.
* Materials can be reserved or renewed through our online catalog at www.cedarcountylibrary.org
* Inter-library loan of materials throughout Missouri and the surrounding states.
* Copy, fax, and microfilm readers/printers. Color copier at Stockton.
* Free Wi-Fi.
* Public access computers with printers, both B & W and color.
* Voter Registration applications available.